Raising Concerns About a Landlord

Making a complaint about a social landlord 

If you are unhappy with the service provided by a social landlord, you should make your complaint to the landlord in the first instance. Every landlord should have a complaints policy and you can ask for a copy of it. You also have the right to complain to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman if you remain dissatisfied. 

Our factsheet provides more information on how to make a complaint about a landlord


Significant performance failures 

A significant performance failure is something that your landlord does, or fails to do, that puts the interests of its tenants at risk. This is something that does, or could, affect all of your landlord’s tenants.

If your landlord does not deal with the failure, you can contact us. Our Significant Performance Failures factsheet provides more information on what you should do and how to raise your concerns with us.  You can download a form here to report a significant performance failure to us.

Whistleblowing about a social landlord

Where a member of staff, or governing body member, of a landlord believes that there has been improper conduct, they should be able to report this to someone within their organisation who is in a position to deal with it. Alternatively, it is also possible to raise concerns with us directly, as regulator. 

Our Whistleblowing factsheets provides more information on whistleblowing by staff and governing body members.