We have today published our financial statistics based on RSLs audited accounts for the year ended 31 March 2012. Notable findings from our analysis of the 2011/12 accounts are:
- turnover for the sector increased by 1.6% (10/11, 1.4%) to £1.242b (10/11, £1.222b)
- operating costs were £1.026b (10/11, £1.022b) representing 82.7% (10/11, 83.7%) of turnover
- staff costs at £357.5m (10/11, £342.6m) remain as the single largest item of operating expenditure
- total debt rose to £3.081b (10/11, £2.717b)
- actual interest cover fell to 216.3% (10/11, 217.7%)
We have produced the data in an accessible format to allow users to carry out further analysis and benchmarking of their own. If there is any additional data that you would find useful, please contact us.